6 areas of expertise:
- Financial behavior: Dave Ramsey Financial Coach Master Trained
- Life coaching: Emphasis on depression, anxiety, substance use, and other dysfunctional patterned behavior(s) which are often "symptoms" rather than the cause of psychological distress
- Parenthood: Infertility, adoption, pregnancy, postpartum, "empty nest"
- Coping with a diagnosis: notable changes to mental/physical health can impact families, cognition, development, independent living, and more
- Life transitions/adjustment: high school/college, gender identity, engagement/marriage/divorce, aging, loss of a loved one, career changes, legal trouble
- Sports psychology: performance barriers, injuries, external pressure
For over 25 years, I have been a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Michigan providing therapy to adolescents and adults with a variety of concerns and treatment needs. The above list is not comprehensive; it's an outline of my areas of interest and/or particular accomplishments. No one person is exactly the same so therapy is a process that is used to navigate one's life with the ultimate goal of healthier and happier living. I will listen and learn while assisting you as a unique individual to find your way into a brighter future.